Application administration and settings
The following article describes application administation facities
In the view "Plugins and pack store" you can:
- Install new plugins and packs. Click the install button on a plug-in to install it.
- Change plugin configuration. Some plugins have settings. For instance the any-bootstrap-theme allow you to change which theme is used (or to provide your own CSS stylesheet).
- Uninstall plugins. Click the Remove button on the plug-in.
There is a menu with further options on the top bar, which can be opened by clicking button with 3 horizontal dots.
The options in this menu are:
- Refresh: the list of plugins is refreshed automatically every 24 hours. If you wanted to be refreshed immediately, choose this option.
- Upgrade installed plug-ins: if new versions are available for any of the install plugins, they will be upgraded if you click this option.
- Add another plugin: install a plug-in that is not on the plug-in store but is instead on a local file store or on GitHub.
- Add another pack: add a pack that you upload manually
- Create pack: create a pack from some of the tables, views and pages in your current installation.
The menu settings allow you to control the items in the menu, which depending on the theme is displayed at the top or in a sidebar. You can add any number of items, each of which can be a view, a page or a link. You can use the link to link to an external site, or to include state parameters for a view. Each item in the menu can require a minimum role.
There are the administator of the site (user with role admin) manages user of Saltcorn site. The following operations are available:
- create users
- delete users
- change user role
More information in User administration.
Note that the last user with admin role cannot to be deleted.
You can configure fulltext search for your application, which means that the query from the user will be searched across many different tables and for each table in each of the text fields. Before using the search, you must configure how results from each table to be included in the global search will be displayed by selecting a view for each table you would like to include in the search.
Once search has been configured, you can include a link to
/search in your menu or you can use the search bar element in the page builder.
Configuration gives you fine-grained control over all of the settings in your Saltcorn application. Most of the settings are low level and you should not have to deal with them.
Using Admin view you can:
- Restart Saltcorn server
- Backup Saltcorn site
- Restore Saltcorn site