Wiki style guide
Write in short, active, direct sentences
- NOT: You would then create a join table
- Create a join table
- NOT: The Filter view template can be used to add a flexible filter to a page
- The Filter view template adds a flexible filter to a page
When the Saltcorn programme does the action, the passive can be better
- An email field is inserted at the top of the new user form if
- an email address cannot be obtained AND
- the new user form is enabled
Use bold for UI components
- View name , Template, Table
Use "select" not "click on a button"
- Select Save
Avoid filler words such as
- this means that
- if you would like (to disable the certificate) = To disable the certificate
Use "you" not "we" to talk to Saltcorn users
- Don't use "let's"
- NOT: In our example from above
- In the example from above
Use HTML and CSS terms correctly
Use Select not drop down
You can add the words (drop down) in brackets.
- NOT: the user will see a drop down menu
- the user will see a select (drop down) menu
There are some problem with editing already-existing pages for non-admin user of wiki — there are no button to go to EditPage view. You can use following script:
You must have installed some greasemonkey-compatible plugin in your browser to use it. There are plugins for almost every browser in the wild: FireMonkey for Firefox, Chrome User Script Handler for Chrome/Chromium and so on.